Strange Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tumang2k

Hi Everyone,

THe last few days I have had a unexplained problem.

Somehow the lan keeps getting disabled..

Anyone else have this problem ??

I am running Win XP Pro

DSL

D-Link DI-614+ Wireless Router

384 meg Ram

AMD Duron 1.3 mhtz

10, 40, 80 HDD

Westell Wirespeed DSL Modem I got from Verizon

is there a prg that can tell me if all settings are correct.

Thanks For the help..

Tu

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Explain the symptoms of the LAN "getting disabled". Can you still access the router's setup page? Does the DSL modem indicate dropped carrier? How do you recover from the problem?

Tumang2k

I go into Network from control panel and enable it and all works fine, Modem doesnt indicate dropped carrier....

Thanks for the quick reply..

Tu

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I have never seen that happen. I'd try uninstalling all the LAN components, and the NIC, reboot and install everything again. Something odd is happening there... :)

Tumang2k

OK I started from Scratch, all is fine now finally, thanks guys & gals for all the input and help !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts