Strange Start Menu Behavior

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

poozler

When I click on Run or my Outlook Express icon (on Start Menu) I get this message instead:

Windows cannot create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?

I can open OE from another shortcut and Run opens from Winkey + R.

Another strange thing is that after a while the recently run programs list on the Start Menu
turns into a solid black bar.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/6096/weird9qu.jpg

This problem usually starts after I have been using computer for a while, never at start up.

I can fix it by closing explorer.exe from Task manager and then restarting it.

Have scanned with MS Anti Spyware, Adaware, AVG, Trend Micro AV and spyware scanner. They all find nothing.

Using XP PRO SP2 all current on critical updates.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online