Solved Strange Task Schedules

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GoldenSilence

OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 801MHz (11-11-11-30)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-E (SOCKET 1150)
Graphics
SAMSUNG ([email protected])
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ZOTAC International)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB ATA Device (SSD)
465GB Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 ATA Device (SATA)
59GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device (USB)
57GB Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 USB Device (USB)

Hi,

I switched off my PC today and got a message saying task scheduler is trying to close tasks, I checked the task scheduler and there are multiple tasks I have never seen before, they have dodgy sounding names. I did have an infection a few months ago and these tasks refer to the malware that was installed when I got infected. I have deleted them now and wanted to quickly ask a question.

1. Why didn't Malwarebytes, Zemana, Adwcleaner, Junkware removal, Roguekiller, hitman pro not find these tasks and remove them? They struggled to find the actual exe's, never mind the task schedules! What program is best for searching regedit for these kinds of entries?

Thanks,

GS

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can't suggest regedits ....
But I run Winpatrol ... And I'd take a quick look at tasks scheduled and running....
and shut down the ones I didn't want.

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Leave it running at Startup ... (It's light on resources)
Then Scotty will bark at you if there's any changes ...
And give you the option to accept or deny the change ...
Startups ... Schedules ... etc ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online