1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange things happening - Need Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by slimp, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimp

slimp Thread Starter

Hi all,

First off, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium version 6.1 (build 7600) on a Sony Vaio vgn-nw235f laptop I purchased a year and a half ago. I can provide more specs if needed.

Recently I've been noticing small things that are messing up in my computer. Nothing major, but some examples are:

I can't change my desktop background. When I go into Desktop>Personalize, it shows that I have the new background installed, but it in fact hasn't changed. Also, my Firefox personas revert back to the previous one every time I restart the program. Things like that.

A few months ago I got a virus from a download that made a bunch of changes to my computer, but I have gotten rid of it a long time ago. Currently I have no viruses or spyware, according to a number of antivirus programs. I checked my C: disk a few hours ago as well, and it did not fix the problem.

Any ideas what could be happening?

2. Lance1

Lance1

I read somewhere that if you delete this .jpg and then try and change the background it should work. Can't remember where though but its worth a shout.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper.jpg

As for the Firefox personas issue I'm not sure whats up with that. You may want to remove personas and reload it again. I love personas, I've used it for some time now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!