Solved Strange timed-out situation

nv1s

I'm curious too.
You get exactly one connection from your ISP. You can get more if you attach a router to your modem and use the IPs that the router assigns. Your router has exactly one username and password. If you are switching to a different SSID, then either the first is not your home network or the second is not your home network.

Explain how you expect to connect on two different SSIDs from inside your home please.
I know Comcast has free hotspots but those are only used when you are not at home.
I am able to connect to the xfinity hotspots from home on any device.

nv1s

Just to circle back to the bolded: What do you mean by switch to the other wifi connection. and what do you mean by both connections are from the same provider?

Out of interest, can you do this in command prompt:

tracert 128.116.114.3

When you press enter, it will trace its route to what should be the roblox.com website server. If you get responses from the first 1 or 2 lines then request timed out from 3 onwards to say 10, then press CTRL+C to stop it. You can copy and paste the results here.
1 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.0.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.

Couriant

James
1 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.0.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
OK, so either your router is causing the problem (most likely) or your ISP is causing it.

The best option will be to factory reset the router, but you most likely need to reconfigure the wireless information for the devices.

Please can you also answer my questions about the wifi connections so I can get a better idea of what you meant?

nv1s

Decided to just straight up go to xfinity and get a different router. They were stumped on what the issue was too. its fixed now with an entire different router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online