1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange video behavior/Mouse problem/Freeze-up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MadJayhawk, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadJayhawk

MadJayhawk Thread Starter

When I turn on my computer the graphics are not normal in the sense it lacks background colors and the fonts are larger than normal. After about 1/2 hour everything returns to normal size and colors. It does this to internet as well as program screens. It is not fatal, just very annoying. I am using XP Home on a HP Pavilion XL759 with M70 monitor. I use MyIE2 but had the problem before adopting it. I recently upgraded my onboard video to a card and I still get the same effect.

Another problem I have is that I cannot reboot after a crash without disconnecting my USB mouse. I use a Microsoft USB Optical Intellimouse. I tried different USB ports without any success.

Final problem :) My system is pretty stable except when I use the mouse to scroll down the screen using a window's scroll bars. Sometimes the system will freeze up and I have to reboot (and experience problem #2 if I do not disconnect the mouse).

None of these problems are life threatening. Just bumps on the highway of life. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Tecumseh

Tecumseh

Take a peek in Display Properties and make sure the resolution and refresh rates are set correctly.

As for the USB mouse mouse problems, get a USB - PS/2 conversion plug and run the mouse from the PS/2 mouse port. For some reason(s) USB mice seem to cause a lot of problems for many (not all) people. Or, you could say to yourself, "Now is a good time to invest in a cordless optical mouse." ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice