1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange Video Formet

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by billybag, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. billybag

billybag Thread Starter

My friend and i are working on a new video and to make parts of it appear as though it is "streaming live via satellite", I decided to record with my webcam (Built in to the lid/monitor of my xps m1530). We recorded 4 small .avi files. However, we can not get them to play back. VLC gives us this:

Code:
      No suitable decoder module:
    VLC does not support the audio or video format "CVC1". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.
    When trying to play it back in Dell Webcam Center (that is what i used to record it), it plays but i get no audio.

Any ideas? thanks

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

How exactly did you record the files.....pointing the camera at the files playing or another way?

3. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

4. billybag

billybag Thread Starter

I used the webcam itself to record. I used Dell Webcam Center to do the recording because it is one of the program's features. I also already have Klite.

I tried another method of converting it but i was told their was no audio track and that the output wont have audio. I think the whole thing was a bust and i may as well just redo it with a different method.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

There must be a setting in the recording software about formats.

If you have installed a codec pack, that may be part of the problem. Besides clogging up the system with codecs that will never be used, most packs contain inferior codecs that replace the good ones already on the system, or move bad codecs higher in the priority chain for a particular format. The auido codec may have been replaced.

It is better to install single codecs as needed. You will find that you need only one or two even if you use exotic formats.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice