1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange Windows Installation Error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mitch999, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mitch999

mitch999 Thread Starter

Okay, I'll explain to you the events that unfolded into this weird message I'm getting on my computer.

I'm surfing the web 2 days ago and was on at least for 2 hours and everything was running smoothly, nothing was going wrong with (Not Responding) or any of that. Then It just starts coming in floods and I just can't explain why. So I closed everything and rebooted the computer.

It would then just sit at the black loading screen with the green bars scrolling to the right in their little box. And it just stayed that way for at least an hour after I went to fix dinner. So I restarted it and recovered to 2 days before that. The same problem occurred.

So I decided to restore the system to factory settings and just re-install everything I had installed(Firefox, and some download manager add-ons). So, I let it do its thing while I eat, and come back upstairs and let it restart to get the installation things ready. Then it gets to the screen that says, Windows is preparing to install, and follow instructions as it goes.

Then an error message popped up. It said something along these lines.
    Windows has encountered an unexpected restart and cannot continue with installation. To continue with installation click "Ok" to restart the computer."
    I did so, and the error came back up. So I repeated that about 5 times, and the same thing keeps happening.

No I didn't use recovery discs, because it came with none, and I hadn't thought about making the discs until this happened.

I was(and hopefully will continue to be) running on a Compaq computer with Windows Vista OS, I had it updated as best I could with windows updates, so I'm pretty sure none of that could have cause any problems.
    The things I were on at the time were Cybernations, Youtube, an IRC on a cybernations alliance forum, and I was talking to my cousin on Windows Live.
    I'll try to add to this as far as specs go, after I get off of school.
    The Specs I didn't have are as follows:
    Processor - Intel Pentium Dual-Core Desktop Processor E2160
    1024MB of Memory
    320GB Hard Drive
    Graphics - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100\
    Model Number is SR5410F
    If you have any short term solutions that would be awesome.

2. joeten

joeten

3. mitch999

mitch999 Thread Starter

Sorry man, that isn't working, it'll get past product key and show an error, here it is.
    There was the main window which was(in so few words) The installation was cancelled.
    Then an actual error window:
    Windows cannot open the required file E::\Sources\Instal.wim. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x80070002.

4. joeten

joeten

5. mitch999

mitch999 Thread Starter

Ok, I can't get onto the desktop and actually use the computer, I'm totally incapable of using it.

6. joeten

joeten

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice