Strangest Computer Behavior I've Ever Encountered

SheldonB

My sweetie has a three-year-old Windows 10 machine that has been behaving in a very odd manner. It runs fine after starting first time in the morning. She can access her links, her email, zoom, and play her solitaire games throughout the day. However, in the evening, after 6:00pm or so, the screen goes black when she tries to access something online, such as her email. The screen behaves normally when she accesses her solitaire games, which are not online. This has been happening every day and evening for about two weeks. Any thoughts on this behavior?

blues_harp28

Hi, this is strange behaviour. Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
======
You are saying that the screen only goes black the moment you open a browser - does it immediately stop being black when you close the browser?
What browser are you using?

SheldonB

Hi, this is strange behaviour. Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
======
You are saying that the screen only goes black the moment you open a browser - does it immediately stop being black when you close the browser?
What browser are you using?
Not exactly. If the browser is open, and there's no activity, all appears fine, but once the cursor is moved, the screen goes black for a short time and then reappears. For example, I'll click on the email shortcut on the desktop and the program opens normally. As soon as the cursor is moved, within the opened program, such as when trying to open an email, the darkness is upon us. This only happens when connecting to/through the internet. Everything is fine when the program or page is local. She can play Solitaire all night long as the program is on the hard drive.

We're using the Chrome browser. Thanks for responding.

SheldonB

Last night, I started using a different browser, just to see if it would help. Thus far, the machine is working normally. While the new browser works well, it doesn't address the cause of the problem, just provides a solution. After the weekend, I'll dig deeper. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Last night, I started using a different browser, just to see if it would help. Thus far, the machine is working normally. While the new browser works well, it doesn't address the cause of the problem, just provides a solution. After the weekend, I'll dig deeper. Thanks for all the suggestions!
mozilla firefox is as fast as chrome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online