Strangest No Sound Prob! Need Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Paprikaa

While using my laptop some time last week...all sounds just went! Like just like that! I have checked all the posibiities...the volume controls....hardware conflicts from the device manager...everything and it states that this device is working properly..yet there's no sound! I've never encountered such an problem before and I'm totally at loss!! I need the sound back! Please help! :confused:

Paprikaa said:
While using my laptop some time last week...all sounds just went! Like just like that! I have checked all the posibiities...the volume controls....hardware conflicts from the device manager...everything and it states that this device is working properly..yet there's no sound! I've never encountered such an problem before and I'm totally at loss!! I need the sound back! Please help! :confused:
Hiya Paprikaa,

first off what make model is your laptop?

Paprikaa

My Lap top is Compaq Presario
Using Win XP (Home Edition)
1.60 GHz Processor
with 248 MB of RAM
Sound Card: Conexant AC-Link Audio

Have you tried a system restore

pick a date you know the sound was working

start run msconfig and launch from there

Paprikaa

Hi Blackmirror
yeah I've tried system restore as well.....didn't work :(

What I've noticed though in the volume control is that the controls for PC speakers is frozen....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online