1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming issues! Help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by norther444, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norther444

norther444 Thread Starter

Here is the issue.

No matter the website i go to to stream any video, be it youtube or spikedhumour... it takes up to 10 seconds to start streaming, then roughly every 5 seconds it has to rebuffer...

The weird thing is, I typically download from 300kb/s to 1.2mb/s.

So... I tried my own troubleshooting.
    First I tried multiple browsers.
    Firefox, EI, Flock, and Opera.
    All give me the same problem.

So I kept on looking for a solution, and found a program called:
    Speedbid video Accelerator. (This is not an AD)

It still starts off slow with the frequent rebuffering. But It does work as the video progresses, Its like it streams a part of the video to itself and the amount that it streamed is put into the video you are streaming... So not really the solution I was looking for... I will keep using it until I figure this out.

I had multiple ads suggest a registry scan. So I bought a copy of some registry scanner at walmart... fixed some errors.... found hundreds... but then again these programs are always trying to make themselves amazing... I figured it wouldnt fix anything, and it didnt...

I am new to this "proxy" thing i stumbled on, what do they do and can it help me?

I am on a college campus, Internet isn't shared from what I can tell.
    If i can download up to 1.2megs a second I should be able to stream quite easily.

Azereus Vuze, I have had this program for a while now. But I recently started to stream videos with it. With Vuze I am able to stream ANY video they have without any issues...

So i assume this is a browser based issue.

Can anyone help me out?

2. norther444

norther444 Thread Starter

I have tried other approaches...
    I have vista, And i Disabled iPv6, and disabled TCP Auto-Tuning.

Neither helped....

Oh and an update, I downloaded at 3.5 megs a second on the ubuntu website...

I am curious if it is just vista in my case so I was going to try Linux OS... but partitions aren't working too well for me.

Anyway... even if you cant help...
    Maybe you can post a possible source for my issue.
    I will do the work on the research....

So far I have made the prediction that my issue that the internet is run through a campus network(router) and the security needs to be dampened. I am not connected via wireless, I have an Ethernet cord which runs into the wall.... not a modem... unless there is a modem behind the well......... riiiiiiight haha... so I am most likely run through a router.

So far my issue remains exclusive to this forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice