1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming Music

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by markwalker, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

Hi there,

For some reason when i stream music from www.juno.co.uk instead of having my itunes play the music it is now played by 'Quicktime' and i lose the page i'm viewing whilst it is playing the music.

I've tried changing the preferences in both itunes and Quicktime without any luck.

Any ideas?

Ta

2. emoxley

emoxley

Can you minimize the quicktime window, so the music will play while you surf the net, or whatever else you want to do? Quicktime likes to take over, once it's used, as does Real Player, and others.

An excellent site for streaming music, you may want to check out, is http://www.pandora.com
    It plays without opening one of your players. At Pandora, you're creating your own radio station, that plays only the kind of music you want to hear. First, you type in the name of a band, such as Spyro Gyra. Well, every few songs will be a Spyro Gyra song, but there will be lots of other music, in the same style, by groups you may have never heard of. It's a great way to find new music.

After a few songs, the music stops, and they ask 3-4 questions, to register you. They don't give out your email address. After registering, the music starts back, and doesn't stop, until you stop it. No.........I don't work for them. I just think it's a great site, and am passing along the good news. It's really a very good site!

If you like 60's and 70's music, another good site is http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/
    Click on Vault Radio...........
    Hope you enjoy one or both of them. Let us know what you think, if you give them a listen?

3. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, i don't need a website to stream music from.

What use to happen was i would go to a website, click on the music file to preview a track, then itunes would open and play the track whilst i continued searching the same website.

Now what happens is the actual webpage i'm viewing converts to Quicktime, therefore i cannot continue searching that webpage.

I have attached a screen shot

Attached Files:

4. emoxley

emoxley

Yeah, I understood what you were saying. I don't know why it does that.
    I was just offering a couple more options, where that won't be a problem, because the sites have their own players.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice