1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming Radio Crashes my computer every time

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by RyanC1982, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanC1982

RyanC1982 Thread Starter

Hello All, I have recently purchased Sirius Satellite Radio which allows users to log onto their website and listen to Streaming Radio from the comfort of your home.

It works on friends computers, and at the library but when I try to access it at home here it freezes every single time and causes my computer to crash.

I believe it uses Windows Media Player to stream the radio station using their own pop up applet.

I have run virus scanners, spyware scanners, reinstalled windows media player, did disk cleanup, defragmented, etc.... nothing has worked.

I am at my wits end, is there anything else that I could do to get it working? I believe it uses ActiveX?? I'm unfamiliar with it, but perhaps I have activex errors.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice