1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming Radio Roto-Arrow, but Ads Play

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by UFO, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UFO

UFO Thread Starter

[Using Windows 7, same phenomena on multiple browsers]

I'm trying to listen to streaming radio on Live365.com, and although all of a given station's graphic elements load, the little rotating "loading" arrow that typically sits there for a few seconds after you hit the Play button just keeps rotating, endlessly. The music never starts up, though the song's circular progress bar moves and the CD art pictures change with each new song.

If you click the Stop button and then re-click Play, one of the ads that typically run every 4-5 songs on Live365 starts playing, audibly. After the ad is done it goes back to the loading roto-arrow.

I contacted Live365's tech people about the problem and none of their solutions worked (disabling pop-up blockers, etc.) This is a machine at work and the problem started when I did a scheduled replenishment with a new system - so it's likely some setting somewhere. Weird that it acts identically on every browser available (I've tried at least four besides IE, which is my usual one.) Also, I had this same problem appear three or four years ago on a completely different machine, then mysteriously disappear with no major change such as a new system.

Here's basic system info:

Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1
    Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E3-1245 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Installed Memory: 16.0 GB
    System Type: 64-bit

Thanks,
    <***>

2. valis

valis Moderator

re-opened per request.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!