Streaming to my LG smart TV

Jomama463

I have a large HD with movies and photos. I would like to stream to my TV. I have downloaded PLEX Media Server. Has anybody used this? Is there a better program or device. I pleny of bandwidth and my computer is W10 pro with an I5 processor and 16G of RAM.

I don't have any experience with Plex, but there are two ways to stream from your PC to your TV. One is by stringing an HDMI cable, one end on your PC and the other end on your TV. IF you don't have that I would click on the square icon on the lower right of the taskbar and click PROJECT. When your TV shows up click it and then select Duplicate. Your computer screen should be shown on the TV

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
What TV do you have?
*edit* this thread is almost 1.5mo old with no response until today.

Last edited:

Jomama463

What TV do you have?
*edit* this thread is almost 1.5mo old with no response until today.
I have an LG 55" Smart TV. I had Plex working for a while and my computer crashed and I never got Plex working again. I replaced the computer as the mother board was bad, The new one is described as above. After I installed W10 pro, I downloaded Plex and reinstalled it. The Plex Icon shows up on the TV screen but clicking only comes back. "no files found"
Yar, I found the square you spoke of, clicking on Project, then Duplicate and nothig changes. Even tho I can Ping the IP, it acts like there is no connection.

I have an LG 55" Smart TV. I had Plex working for a while and my computer crashed and I never got Plex working again. I replaced the computer as the mother board was bad, The new one is described as above. After I installed W10 pro, I downloaded Plex and reinstalled it. The Plex Icon shows up on the TV screen but clicking only comes back. "no files found"
Yar, I found the square you spoke of, clicking on Project, then Duplicate and nothig changes. Even tho I can Ping the IP, it acts like there is no connection.
Did you try getting a double-ended HDMI cable and try putting one end in the PC and the other end in the TV?

Again, I have no experience with PLex. You may have to get someone else to help you. Good Luck

Jomama463

Did you try getting a double-ended HDMI cable and try putting one end in the PC and the other end in the TV?

Again, I have no experience with PLex. You may have to get someone else to help you. Good Luck
I didn't get the cable as the TV is on a wall two rooms away from the computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts