1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming video error

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Buddha567, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Buddha567

Buddha567 Thread Starter

I'm trying to view streaming video from various sites and I'll get the following error:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/wi...&id=C00D11B1&contextid=74&originalid=C00D002B

I know that my sound device is installed and working properly as I can listen to Cds, Dvds and also video that has been previously downloaded and saved to hard drive. It only happens while attempting to view streaming material.

My Windows media player is updated to current version: 11.0.6000.6344
    I have Windows Vista Home Premium, Creative SB X-Fi and nVidia GeForce 7900 GS.

I'm becoming frustrated and don't know what else to try. Any help and suggestions would be great.

Thanks, Buddha

2. darkwade

darkwade

make sure that your buffer setings are at 10 or more sec and set all else to default

3. Buddha567

Buddha567 Thread Starter

Set buffer to 10 sec. then tried 20 sec. everything else is set to default, and it still won't play streaming video.

4. Buddha567

Buddha567 Thread Starter

Anybody else have any other ideas??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/642100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice