1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming video issue!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lance1, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

OK! I’m trying to solve this issue with streaming video. Most, but not all streaming videos are choppy. Videos that are on the hard drive are clean, no issues. The onboard card is; Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection I thought it was an issue with that onboard card so I installed another PCI card to test with; Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Old I know but still choppy. So I ruled out the card. I tried Chrome, still choppy. Firefox! The tried and true… choppy… IE… I won’t touch it. I have 2 other systems wired and wireless that can run streaming with no issues. Then I set a clean boot… No change. The video sites are Wimp, Google video and noob. I know it is not the connection as the others have no issues.

Suggestions please!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

People have been having trouble recently with their Realtek network adapter. Updating the drivers has help tremendously.

3. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

Thanks Phantom010. According to Realtek I have there latest drivers 6.111. And Intel says that the device is unknown or unsupported! :(? Strange. Got to go to work. I'll check back later.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

The network adapter may indeed be too old for that system. You could try another one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067152