1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

streaming video problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MaGlC_MaN, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

ok, so far i've only noticed this to happen with .asf files, and i have no idea why it's happening. when i open the .asf files, windows media player pops up and then starts buffering, which is normal. but then after it buffers some, it will start to play the files but i can only hear it. there is no video whatsoever; just a black screen. i've tried downloading codec packages, opening it with other players, upgrading my windows media player, and some other stuff. i think my player just can't recognize that file format for some reason because i have streamed other VoD files before that had the extension .asx i think it was. if anyone has had this happen and knows wtf is going on, or if anyone just has any ideas that might help, plz help.

2. Sponsor

3. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

no one can help?

4. slickoe

slickoe

Try the zoomplayer, I find it to be the least problematic and most comprehensive media player. And are you able to perhaps save the stream to watch it more efficiently, like using WM recorder or ASFTOOLS, or some of the many other stream saving programs, like perhaps streambox, if you can find it.

5. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

i tried zoomplayer and that didn't work. i really need a way to fix this. plz help me someone

6. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

wow, thx everyone..

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/386444