1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

streaming video WLAN posable?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by stan_879nz, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stan_879nz

stan_879nz Thread Starter

hi is anyone able to stream movies over a wlan 802.11g
    please give detail on what kind of movie-spec it is ,and any software needed

thankz^ in advance

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Do you mean lan or wan? I'll assume you meant lan since you also mention G-wireless.

G is pretty good for streaming extended definition and some 720p movies if the signal is strong and and either the "roaming" update has been applied to all wireless zero config services on the client side or wireless zero config is disabled once the wireless connection is established.

The software to use to stream video is VLC Media Player (File>Wizard>Stream to Network) and it works best if you configure static local I.P. addresses for repeated streaming to one computer at a time. Once you've mastered that you can get into the multicast setup.

3. stan_879nz

its will take me a few days to get my head around this but thankz^ so i will give feedback then

4. stan_879nz

ok ive got a copy VLC Media Player then (File>Wizard>Stream to Network) ive tryed to set it up, i can get it to start streaming but i dont know whats going wrong with the client side of things or how to setup there end little bit of help with this please

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

On the client side VLC player: File>Open Network Stream...and the first choice with just port 1234 should be selected. Click ok and you should get a windows firewall action request to allow VLC, click on allow and it should start playing.

If you have other security and firewall measures in place you will have to configure them to allow the access.

From then on it should just stream to the client computer with the ok of the UDP/RTP stream.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice