1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streaming Video

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BankerBoy1, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BankerBoy1

BankerBoy1 Thread Starter

I like to view music videos on a site called Launch.com. I have a high-speed cable connection (advertised at 500 kbs). Lately, when I try to view videos at the highest speed available (the site lets you stream at various speeds), there are pauses in the video, no video at all and sometimes breaks and pauses in the audio as well. Here are my questions:

Are there problems with Launch.com? Is their server gagging trying to keep up with the traffic? (remember--this used to work just fine until a month or two ago).

I have Norton AntiVirus and update it daily. There are no issues here. I'm not behind a firewall, no issue here either. Is there something I can change in IE5.5 to change the buffering (or is it cache) for streaming? If so, how?

My carrier is Charter Pipeline. Does anybody out there have problems with streaming multi-media using Charter?

Can somebody else go to Launch.com, watch a video at 300 kbs and tell me if they have the same problem?

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

BankerBoy1
    Ran a video Janet Jackson at 300kb windows media through Road Runner cable with no problems. You may try removing all but systray and explorer through the crtl, alt, del, end task and see if that helps. If it does not you may have to take a look at what is running in background using msconfig and see if there is anything you can cut back on to free up resources.
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice