1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Streamlabs OBS Disconnects Daily - ISP or Me?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by PugLyfeTV, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PugLyfeTV

PugLyfeTV Thread Starter

Hi all,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Secondly... PLEASE somebody help me!

OK so this is my situation - I am a streamer on Twitch.tv platform and use Streamlabs OBS to do so.

Every night without fail between the hours of 23:00 and 00.00 (never an exact time) Streamlabs OBS will Disconnect from the Twitch servers. This causes my stream to die and lose viewers and uptime etc.

I have been in touch with Streamlabs and they have told me it IS an ISP issue. So I contacted the help desk at Virgin who said that there are no issues on the line. I have had an engineer out who also advised no issues I have the highest grade net package available from Virgin the 350.

So I went back to Streamlabs OBS who said that my ISP is doing an IP update every night between those hours making the upload crash. Next time it happens to do a speed test they said.

Same night it happens and I do a speed test. 0 Upload and approx 2mb download for around 20-30 minutes. There is my problem. My game is still connected to the net as well as discord etc but stream dies due to the upload drop.

I contact Virgin again with the problem who advised me to call back when it happens so they can do further checks... They want me to call them between 23:00 and 00:00, however, the technician did say he had changed the timers around to make sure it would not do it at that set period in the day.

Guess what... Happens again that night.

This is not only frustrating but it is affecting my viewers also. Ok, whilst I do not have 1000s of viewers it is still beside the point. Paying for a service which keeps cutting out.

Has anyone experienced this or do they have a solution??

Thank you for your time!

Pug

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you can verify with your ISP that there is actually an IP address change during those hours, then you can order a static IP. Maybe that would do it.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Most data is download but there would be some upload. I would suspect it's StreamLabs. I would say have your network properties up and watch the upload and see if Discord / Game shows any data uploading. Also do a speed test at speedtest.net to see if there is an issue.

ALso someone mentioned " Try switching ingest server from the drop down. That should resolve the issue if it's not the internet speed."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice