1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stretch Background with CSS

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by pyritechips, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jim
    Hello!

Another newbie question about HTML. I used CSS code to have a stationary background. It sits still like a wallpaper and the text scrolls down above it- very nice!

Problem is, my friend TW56 has 1024x748 display and he says the background doesnt fill his screen. Is that because I wrote the code in 800x600? is there any way around this? Can I stretch it so everybody sees a full background?

This is the code I used:

< style type="text/css">
    body
    {
    background-image:
    url("ivybridge800.jpg");
    background-repeat:
    no-repeat;
    background-attachment:
    fixed
    }
    </style >

2. Balzac

Balzac Guest

Your background image is a fixed size and set to no repeat. If it's an image that can be repeated without looking weird you can set it to repeat. Otherwise you can use javascript to expand and contract the image to fill the browser's background. Of course this will pixelate the image depending on how large the image is to start with.

http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/diner/bgresize/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice