1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stretched Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by 063319, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 063319

063319 Thread Starter

I just got a widescreen monitor so whenever I play a rather old full screen game such as age of empires, it is stretched to fit the whole screen. You can't chance the resolution in game as the game supports only 4:3 resolutions. Is there a way I can make it so that it has those black bears running down each side so the game doesn't stretch?
    I have an Intel[R] graphics card.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Perhaps you can force it on your monitor to be in 4:3.

3. 063319

063319 Thread Starter

is there any other way? The monitor for some reason doesn't have an option for changing the screen size, it can only move it up and down and side to side.

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

so ther is no option for screen set up ..the buttons on the front dont bring up that option?? well try right clicking on the desktop, open up properties and then the settings tab...then go to advanced and open up your graphics card tab..ther should be screen set up on there...but that wil change the shape of the screen for everyhting not just games...so the best way round it is set the options on the game to 800x600

5. 063319

063319 Thread Starter

When I open up the graphics properties for my graphics card, it only has stuff for changing brightness, contrast etc. You can change the resolution but it is to change everything and if you make it into something like 1280x768 for example it doesn't have the bars down the side, it just stretches to fill the whole screen.
    If I make it 800x600 on the game, it still stretches the only difference is that it looks bigger.
    For computers and tv's they all usually adjust to 4:3 screens by adding the bars to the sides. Is it just this graphic card that doesn't do that?

6. Solid State

Solid State

Each game has a different method of enabling widescreen, such as changing INI settings or changing the registry. Some games will just never work on widescreen. I have provided a link to the widescreen gaming forums, a site that I discovered when I went widescreen, they are quite comprehensive.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Games_List_-_A

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice