1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Struggling to run games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kriax, Aug 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kriax

Kriax Thread Starter

I don't seem to be getting as good fps as I used to as I think my pc is getting old I was wondering what the best spec to upgrade for my pc would be as I don't want to have to upgrade everything at once
    Current Specs:
    Monitor: S27C450B Series 4 LED
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Ram: 8GB
    SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
    Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 core)
    If I forgot to add anything let me know and preferably please tell me how to find out what it is because I'm not very good when it comes to computer specs

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    What exact ram? What speed ddr3? Why only 8GB?

If you are gaming , 16GB minimum would be best.

What kind of games do you play? At what resolutions? What graphics settings do you play on now/want to play on?

3. Kriax

Kriax Thread Starter

I play all kinds of games from lol to pubg as well as games like csgo and civ. I try to mostly run my games on high to ultra settings at 1920x1080 as I want to get the best out of my graphics card
    As far as my ram it's ddr3 8GB as that's what came with the pc because I got it prebuilt.
    How do I tell what my ram speed it is?

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    I would say to increase the RAM from 8GB to 16GB. I think that is going to be your bottleneck for right now as your graphics card and cpu seem to be ok for the games you are wanting to run.

As for the speed, you would have to remove the DIMM itself from the motherboard and look on the sticker on the side of it. This is the easiest way to tell on an OEM system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice