Stuborn file created by Win32 Malware-gen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Volks

Hi All
Recently my computer got infected by a virus and I think it was a Win32: Malware-gen as suggested in the xp forum.
Long story short, Malwarebytes and TDSS killer seem to have removed the infection, since everything is working fine and normal again.
The infection has left a folder in C:\ Windows that cannot be deleted by any standard methods.
The name of the folder/ file is $NtUninstallKB10051$
This file can not be accessed or opened, however Windows defrag shows it as a folder or file that can not be fragmented, and contains the following..
1167811288\U\[email protected]
1167811288\U\[email protected]
Someone in the xp forum suggested that it might be a zero something and go to this form.
I just would like to get rid of this folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online