1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck at ASUS loading screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Frasse, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frasse

Frasse Thread Starter

Hey so earlier today I updated my computer and later on In the day I decided to start up the computer it lights up and the screen shows ASUS after that it goes into an infinite boot loop at the start screen. How do I fix this?

Windows 10

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go download Ubuntu https://ubuntu.com/ and burn it to DVD or USB memory stick: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#0

You can then access your hard drive and copy off all your important data to a USB memory stick.

The boot loop is either a) a hard drive hardware failure, or b) a software corruption of Windows. You can't do much if it is a HD hardware failure - you'd have to get a new HD. But lets try and see if b) is true. Go download MS Media Creation Tool and run it. Then choose to Generate a Windows setup DVD or USB memory stick. Then boot with the new media and choose Setup > Custom. Then find your C drive partition - you will have to tell by it's size as it won't be labled C: ; and delete that partition. Then choose Next and let Setup continue using the newly unallocated space. If all works well, and your HD hardware isn't at fault, Windows will start up again.

3. Blu_86

Blu_86

When you say you updated your computer do you mean Windows updates or a BIOS update or hardware upgrade? Also for anyone to properly help you your computer specifications would be best and helpful. Usually if it was a BIOS update, could be that you may need to clear CMOS / set optimized for it to boot correctly mobo model depending. If you updated hardware like adding memory you might need to simply load optimized defaults and then XMP (again mobo depending). If you added a new CPU as an upgrade usually a CMOS clear is best followed by a fresh installation of Windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice