1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck at start up screen?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Miyuki500, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Miyuki500

Miyuki500 Thread Starter

So, I just turned on my laptop and it goes to a screen with the Dell logo, "Studio" undernearth it, and a loading bar.
    The problem is, the loading bar won't fill, no matter what I do! Then after a few minutes, it just goes to a b lack screen!
    It says f2 for setup and f12 for reboot in the corner, but those don't do anything when I hit them!
    Help me?! I just got this laptop a year ago, i'm dead if it stops working.

2. raffikki

raffikki

I'm having almost the same problem with my Toshiba Notebook at the moment!
    I'm still waiting on advise, but I have managed to get it started by forcing a shut down(press and hold the "on" button for a few seconds until it shuts down) and restarting it after 10-20 seconds) though sometimes I need to do this a number of times before it eventually loads.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Tap F8 as soon as you power on; you should get a Windows menu with various options. See if you can boot to Safe Mode.

4. Miyuki500

Miyuki500 Thread Starter

I tried pressing F8, but like the other Fx buttons, it didn't do anything. :(

5. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Do you have a Recovery CD or a Repair CD? if yes, try starting your computer with this and see what happens.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice