Stuck at start up screen?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Miyuki500

So, I just turned on my laptop and it goes to a screen with the Dell logo, "Studio" undernearth it, and a loading bar.
The problem is, the loading bar won't fill, no matter what I do! Then after a few minutes, it just goes to a b lack screen!
It says f2 for setup and f12 for reboot in the corner, but those don't do anything when I hit them!
Help me?! I just got this laptop a year ago, i'm dead if it stops working.

I'm having almost the same problem with my Toshiba Notebook at the moment!
I'm still waiting on advise, but I have managed to get it started by forcing a shut down(press and hold the "on" button for a few seconds until it shuts down) and restarting it after 10-20 seconds) though sometimes I need to do this a number of times before it eventually loads.

TerryNet

Terry
Tap F8 as soon as you power on; you should get a Windows menu with various options. See if you can boot to Safe Mode.

Do you have a Recovery CD or a Repair CD? if yes, try starting your computer with this and see what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online