1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck at startup blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Shorte85, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

Hello, I'm hoping someone could help me with a problem I've been having for a while now. It's just starting to get annoying to the point that I'm tired of dealing with it.

However, this is the problem I am having. I noticed that if I leave my PC up and running and updates run during the night and restart the PC it gets stuck at the blue screen (which is the image below). I have to manually shut down the PC by holding down the power button. The thing that gets me, I have to do this 2 times. Once I do it the first time, the second time I turn the PC on it gets stuck at the blue screen again, and have to manually shut the PC down again. On the third time it boots up, it finally gets passed the blue screen.

What I do not understand is why does it do this? Why after manually shutting it down 2 times does it magically work finally the third time?

Anyone out there that can help me, I would highly appreciate it!!

[​IMG]

The above image isn't great because I took a picture with my cell phone, sorry about that... But at least you'll know what screen I'm talking about. :)

I also did your TSG SysInfo as you asked which is below:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 3
    RAM: 4093 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE , 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 293405 MB, Free - 196023 MB; D: Total - 11836 MB, Free - 1580 MB;
    Motherboard: OEM_MB, NARRA3, 3.02, MS1C85R42204649
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Your stuck in an update loop and its automatically rebooting correct? You can fix the windows update loop manually (That should kill any pending updates) follow instructions:

1. Insert the Recovery/Install DVD into the computer
    2. Boot off of the DVD. When you first start your computer, the first screen you see should give you the key combination to press to enter a 'multi-boot' menu. On Dell's this key is F12 but it varries by each manufacturer. Once you find it and are at the multiboot menu, choose to boot of CD/DVD
    3. When prompted (after it has booted to the CD/DVD) choose "repair my computer" and enter the command prompt
    4. Type C: (with colon) and press enter
    5. Then type cd c:\windows\winsxs and press enter
    6. Then type del pending.xml and press enter
    7. Restart your computer

3. Shorte85

Shorte85 Thread Starter

I am not sure if I have the Recovery disc, I think I do. But I'll have to try and find it. I know when I got this computer, I made sure I made a set of discs which took forever to make lol. SO I do believe I have it. Just have to find it...

My question is, is there a way to do it differently than using the recovery disc?

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Windows offers this for Vista users with Service Pack 2 (SP2) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=504 This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software. This tool checks your computer for such inconsistencies and tries to resolve issues if found.

If you don't meet the requirements try to find a restore point in system restore with a date prior to the system crashes due to updates restarting your PC I'd suggest doing that and then you can install this patch to enable future updates to avoid random updates rebooting your machine: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15287

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice