1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck at Verifying DMI Pool Data.....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by congay68, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. congay68

congay68 Thread Starter

My (custom built) computer, which I bought from a friend, has had issues with crashing during video games for the last couple weeks and has always randomly had "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" errors. I ran a Who Crashed analysis and it stated that all the crashes were due to nvidia something-or-other, so I updated the driver last night. It seemed to be fixed for awhile but eventually crashed again. I thought it might be due to overheating so I took the side panel off and cleaned all vents and fans (which were very dirty). I noticed that one of the hard drives were not plugged in, I have over 24k photos and a ton of videos so I thought it may help performance with the extra hard drive... Evidently this was a mistake because now my computer will not boot up... It gets hung up at the Verifying DMI Pool Data and I have no idea how to fix it. I unplugged the hard drive, thinking that was the problem, and restarted the computer but it still hangs up... I've checked YouTube and googled the issue but most of what I read is over my head, I'm not very tech savvy. I'd really appreciate some help with at least getting Windows to boot up! Please use layman's terms and step-by-step instructions ☺ Thanks!

2. PcPhoenix

PcPhoenix

This is a tricky problem because there are many possible causes, and there is no one easy fix. Very often it's caused by some stray USB flash drives, damaged hard drive, or other damaged hardware.

1) Unplug power cord from computer.
    2) Press and hold the powerbutton for 10 seconds.
    3) Open your computer. Find the CMOS battery. Remove it. Press the powerbutton a few times. Put the battery back in.
    3) Unplug all drives from your computer. All Hard Drives. CD drive. Floppy drive. Any USB drives you may have plugged in somewhere. Check all USB ports. While your at it, check that none of the USB ports are damaged. Remove all SD cards, memory cards, everything.
    4) Unplug any peripherals you don't need. USB mouse. Speakers. Everything.
    5) Turn the computer back on. Wait for it to tell you that it cannot boot.
    6) Plug only the hard drive with Windows installed on it back in.
    7) Turn on again and see if it works, or if the problem changes. Your computer should boot with only the Windows drive plugged in.
    8) If it doesn't work, go into BIOS settings and reset to default. Save and reboot. See if it works.
    9) If it still doesn't work, you may need to play with the BIOS settings. Try changing hard drive settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!