1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck between an NEC and Pioneer DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AhrenBa, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have been looking at DVD-RW's lately and doing a lot of research on them. I would like to buy one for my Dell 4700. I am stuck between an NEC and a few Pioneers. Could you guys help me out in deciding?

Here are the Models:

NEC
    ND-3550A

Pioneer
    DVR-110D
    DVR-R100
    DVR-610

Any suggestions, comments, or experiences are welcome! Thanks!

2. GripS

GripS

The Pioneer drives are considered top of the line so you shouldn't be dissapointed with it. NEC is good(i use the 3520a myself).

3. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Thank you for your response. Which of the Pioneer are good? Thanks

4. GripS

GripS

Being that i already have good experience with NEC i'd have to recommend you go with the 3550a.

Otherwise go with the DVR-110D.

5. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Thanks again for the response. My original favorite was the 3550A, but the reason I was really debating a Pioneer, was because the DVR-R100 comes with a ton of awesome software. What do you think about that drive, have you heard if its good or not? Thanks!

6. GripS

GripS

I noticed that as well(the software). In reality though a lot of good freeware is out there that will allow you to do what you want.

I did also notice that the pioneer and NEC drives were around the same price. So if having all that software is what your after then you might get the Pioneer instead.

I have no experience with the 3550a. What i do know is that NEC drives tend to be the enthusiast choice so in turn there are more firmware updates(modded and official) available.

7. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

Pioneer is OK but not top-of-the-line. I used to have a Pioneer and it quit writing after only a year and a half it reads fine. Notice my tag. I too recommend the NEC 3550. I received my drive new from New Egg and never even updated it. It works flawlessly and fast.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice