1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stuck desktop background picture

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dru18h, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dru18h

dru18h Thread Starter

Dec 10, 2003
    I went to a website and downloaded a background picture to use on the desktop. Now I can not get rid of that picture. I can change the desktop to anything i want to but anytime I am starting up the computer and nothing is loaded yet that picture is the background. (Same goes for shutting down the computer) Then once windows loads all the way whatever desktop picture i have eventually loads and covers the other one. Any ideas would be great! Thanks
  2. Sid9678

Nov 25, 2003
    Did you try deleting the picture completely of your hard drive?
  3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Dec 26, 2002
    Go to display properties and disable Active Desktop and then change the background picture.
  4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Jul 11, 2003
    I solved that problem once by just setting background to none and then put the background i wanted back.
  5. z13w1z

May 9, 2003
    same thing happened for my wife. my daughter downloaded a kiddies background whilst on my wifes screen and every log on or log off there it was even though her main background pic was ok whilst she was on.
    I had to use the find command and delete all references to the pic then all was as it should be. If you know the name of the pic you could try this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/186554