1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck in 640x480 and 16 colors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jeffdaley, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeffdaley

jeffdaley Thread Starter

i need major help i know that this question has been asked before, but i have used the answers to no avail. my computer is stuck on 640x480 res. and 16 color setting. let me tell you what i have tried. using display to change to 800x600, etc. when i restart, no luck. also..tried updating the graphic card, but i don't have the Windows 98 cd that is needed. ive tried the log in as a different user, which did nothing for me. some one please help. my email address is [email protected] if you would like to contact me there thank you very much.:mad:

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

see this thread

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58279

and try the driver wizard method i mentioned
    - just check the windows update to connect to the interrnet as you don't have the 98 cd handy or the drivers on a floppy

what is your grahic card?

[edit]
    just so the basics are covered:
    when you tried to adjust your settings, did you click on 'apply' before 'ok'
    - if so, did it give you the 'apply without booting' or 'you must reboot' message?

4. p5mmx10g

p5mmx10g

well if you don't have the 98 cd when it ask for it, then some file that's need to intall your graphic card will not be able to install on your system. try to get the 98 cd or you can look into your hard drive, search for some thing cabs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice