1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck in a vicious cycle.. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by oldmateegg, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldmateegg

oldmateegg Thread Starter

Hey guys, I've been on these forums a lot, successfully finding solutions to a lot of minor issues, but this one I havent been able to find a result for anywhere, so any help would be great!!

I have an HP Envy 15, with Windows 7 installed. A few months back I had a hard drive problem, and had it taken in to get a new hard drive put in. I'm guessing at this point, I lost the pre installed recovery partition for windows 7 (it did not come with a recovery disk).

Now the main problem: I tried to install some new touchpad drivers, and when it restarted it would hang on the Loading Windows screen. Upon trying to start in Safe Mode, it hangs on either CLFS.sys or Disk.sys. So I cant start in safe mode, or normal mode - after leaving them hanging for long enough it brings up these 2 options: Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Windows Normally.

Launching startup repair gives me this: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Status: 0xc000000e

So, I can't boot in safe mode, can't launch start up repair, the laptop has no optical drive, so I cant boot a repair disk. Ive tried burning a repair/recovery disk iso to a cd and using it with a USB optical drive, editing the boot order in the BIOS to boot the usb cd drive first. But nothing comes up and it boots how it normally would.

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated, before having to take it in to get repaired. Cheers!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice