Stuck in airplane mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lotuseater

Hi...my Dell laptop went into airplane mode on it's own and there seems to be no way out. The switch in control panel is greyed out. Kindly assist. Thanks!

Couriant

James
Hello!

Please download and run our TSG System Information Tool so we can get some basic information of your computer.

Also, please go to Command Prompt and type the following command and post the version here:

wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion

Couriant

James
OK and I apologise I meant to say after running the TSG Tool, please copy and that info here too.

Couriant

James
OK, then in Command Prompt, type wmic bios get serialnumber and post that here. At least I can get some information from Dell's site that way.

Couriant

James
So you have the Latitude E5430 which I believe has a hardware switch on the right side. Make sure that is not been turned off by mistake.

Couriant

James
Solved it. Thanks! No idea why no gudes showed this simple thing
Typically there is a user guide on Dell's site, but all I saw was the owner's manual. I have worked on the E54xx series before so I was aware of this machine with a physical wireless switch :D

Glad to be of help! Please mark the thread solved if you have no other issues with this particular issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online