1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck in aptio setup utility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aryanb2901, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aryanb2901

aryanb2901 Thread Starter

I was upgrading my hdd to an ssd on my Asus TP300l and I have put the new ssd into the computer, but when I boot up the computer, it seems to be stuck in Aptio setup utility and I have read a few instructions online on how to get out of the setup utility but they aren't working. Please help as soon as possible

2. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    You could try this:
    1. Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
    2. Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
    3. Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
    4. Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
    5. Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.
    6. Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears.
    7. Select ' Advanced Options'.
    8. Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred.

3. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    If it says:
    Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
    Then: it could be incorrect boot order, partition not set as active, or drive failure

Checking boot order:
    a. Restart your computer
    b. Access your BIOS menu.
    c. Go to the Boot tab.
    d. Change the boot order so that your computer’s HDD is listed first.
    e. Save the settings.
    f. Restart your computer.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    What OS are you using? You mentioned you were upgrading your HDD to an SSD. Did you already complete the upgrade by cloning the drive or are you planing on performing a clean install of Windows? has the drive been initialized?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice