Stuck in Automatic Repair loop after upgrading Dell 7559

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

YK300

So, I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 7559, and decided to upgrade it with another 8GB RAM and a 120GB 850 Evo SSD. Directly after installing these, upon boot I was taken to a white screen reading: "The amount of system memory may have changed" with the options of "Continue" "BIOS Setup" and "Diagnostics". When I continue, I am asked to chose my keyboard layout, and then am taken to a screen with an array of options, such as "Continue", "Troubleshoot", "Use a device", etc. I have tried many of the options and solutions I've found with some googling, but nothing is working. When I continue, I'm taken to a screen with a circular loading animation that reads "Preparing automatic repair...", and then I am taken back to the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. I've ran the diagnostics, albeit to an extent (I have not completed the second part of the diagnostics reading the memory, which takes 5+ hours), but what was tested was a-okay. I have factory restored, and reset Windows 10. I am pretty certain that this isn't due to faulty hardware with the aftermarket installations I made, as the Samsung SSD and Crucial RAM both came from the manufacturer on Amazon, both products having 5 stars.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oddba11

Jim
Have you tried entering the BIOS? Sometimes after an upgrade such as RAM, you have to enter the BIOS and save the settings. After which it will boot normally and use the new hardware.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Dell Inspiron 15 7559 laptop does support 16 GB(8 GB X 2) of DDR3L-1600 RAM.

I would've made sure the new memory is recognized and that Windows 10 loaded and worked okay BEFORE installing a new hard drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------

YK300

Have you tried entering the BIOS? Sometimes after an upgrade such as RAM, you have to enter the BIOS and save the settings. After which it will boot normally and use the new hardware.

I have entered the BIOS and saved the settings, and it's doing the same thing.

The Dell Inspiron 15 7559 laptop does support 16 GB(8 GB X 2) of DDR3L-1600 RAM.

I would've made sure the new memory is recognized and that Windows 10 loaded and worked okay BEFORE installing a new hard drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Looking back on it, this would have been the wise thing to do. However, I was kind of blindly following an upgrade tutorial for the 7559 on WindowsCentral.

UPDATE: I have tried booting with both aftermarket hardware pieces removed, and I am still in the Automatic Repair loop.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I know nothing about solid state hard drives, so I can't comment on installing and setting one up.
Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oddba11

Jim
So you moved the old hardware back into the computer and you are still seeing the same problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online