1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck in Automatic Repair Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mandypanda2000, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandypanda2000

mandypanda2000 Thread Starter

My HP Pavillion g6 windows 10 laptop was left on the other day while i was out , i thought i closed the lid but due to a faulty hunge it stayed open and may have overheated laying on my bed.
    Upon coming home i noticed it was still on and i just shut it down and unplugged it.

This morning i tried booting it up and the screen comes in flashes the HP automatice repair mode loading screen then goes to a powerd on screen and flashes what look like a options box and then goes away, now i am left with a powered on screen and a cursor i can move around but nothing esle and idk what to do can someone help me please.

No i do not own any windows disc i bought the laptop supposedly new online about a year ago and i do not have another computer jn my hoise and i use this laptio for work.

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

1. Login as the Administrator
    2. Open a CMD window
    3. Run sfc /scannow (note the space between the c and the / )

Post back the result of the scan.

T.

3. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

1) The HP Pavillion g6 series is from 2011 to 2013 so it didn't come with Windows 10. Can you post the full model number or better yet, the P/N from the bottom of the laptop? (It almost always ends in #ABA)
    2) Because you were running Windows 10, unless it was installed by an idi*t, it has an activation for that PC which it got from a Microsoft server the first time it booted Windows 10. This means you can reinstall Windows 10 and it will automatically activate itself; you do not need to buy it. You can use the Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 to either a USB stick (needs to be 8GB) or as an ISO file which you can burn onto a blank DVD. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    3) What is the bigger problem is any other software you may have and your files (pictures, music, documents, etc.) so, while you probably need that bootable Windows 10 DVD or USB in order to fix your problem, don't let anybody reinstall Windows until you are sure there is nothing you need to backup!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice