Stuck in blue screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
In theory my coleague is quite correct
The 970 can display to four screens
However it cannot cope with four screens effectively for gaming or other video work at high resolution

I think you really wnated to know if your could have the TWO with one at 60hz refresh rate and one at 144hz refresh rate.
I have a question, I have a GTX 970 4GB and i7 as a cpu and 15gb ram, and I wonder if I can have two screens? The One I have now (60hz) and I’m ganna buy a new one (144 hz)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Your card if it is the standard 970 has ONE HDMI, 3 Display Ports and ONE DVI
Some manufacturers of cards using the graphics processor of the 970 had different port arrangements
For instance - see the listings of the 970 on the link and you will notice that the
EVGA GTX 970 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database
had different port arrangements namely 2 DVI, ONE HDMI and ONE Display Port.

However to get to the actual question - YES you can run two monitors with one at 144 and one at 60

You could use the 144 monitor for gaming and the 60 to display the desktop
The settings are done via the Nvidia control panel and windows settings - system - display - multiple displays

In reality you will find that at high resolution on the 144 with high FPS - frames per second the graphics may occasionally distort/lag

Is the 144hz monitor worth it with a gtx970? :: Hardware and Operating Systems (steamcommunity.com)

You may need to try different settings to get it working.

What ports does the proposed purchase monitor have

Is the 144 - G-SYNC
G-SYNC | NVIDIA Developer
As it appears that the 970 cannot cope with that very well
G-SYNC 144hz 1080P GTX 970 MSI I5 46 | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

Supported NVIDIA GPUs for G-SYNC | Blur Busters

G-Sync & G-Sync HDR System Requirements (nvidia.com)
NOTE 970 is not capable of GSync on HDR
So as mentioned below - cost of this monitor is a worthwhile consideration.

===================

gtx 970 enough for 144hz 1080 p ? - Graphics Cards - Linus Tech Tips

You may find that the 100Hz setting on the monitor refresh rate rather than 144 will give you satisfactory results.

I do not suggest you are but in case you are in any way unsure do not confuse refresh rate of the monitor with Frames per second - FPS
FPS vs Refresh Rate - How to Choose Best Monitor? (technotification.com)

Finally you can eliminate any risk of course with the 144 by simply buying a cheaper 60Hz

HP V24 (24" ) FHD Monitor, 1ms response time - HP Store UK

Depending on your future plans one could say that the cost of a good quality 144 especially with Gsync etc is wasted on your setup
Of course if the monitor is a purchase for use in the foreseeable future on a new system - then that changes the situation

If you do go ahead connect the 144 DP and the 60hz HDMI

I know there is a lot of information in my post but I have tried to cover everything to ensure you do not spend too much on the monitor and find you have wasted your money - unless as I said, it is a purhase with the future sysem you may use - in mind

Last edited:

Abdul027329621

that’s a lot of info 😅 Ty you so much. Can you plz help my find a good and cheap craphic card. Any thing that’s under 300$ I can get…

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I casnnot understand - your reply to my post 17
You asked
I have a question, I have a GTX 970 4GB and i7 as a cpu and 15gb ram, and I wonder if I can have two screens? The One I have now (60hz) and I’m ganna buy a new one (144 hz)
and I provided an extensive explanation.

If you HAVE the GTX970 - why have you suddenly changed your question to
Can you plz help my find a good and cheap craphic card.

Good luck with it, I do not think I can assist you further.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online