Solved Stuck in Boot Loop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NoobyJuan

Hi my pc is about 3 years old now and I have had a few problems with, but nothing to where I couldn't even get to the log in screen. So about a day ago I woke up turned on my pc and it was fine until Bout 4 hours of play it started to freeze every few minutes and then unfreeze and then freeze again etc. So after I finished my game I was gonna restart it to see if that would help, but when I went to go restart it it froze again and this time for the longest ever so I hard shut it down with the power button. When I press the power button again to turn it on id when it started happen. I got stuck in a boot loop. My pc turns on to the toshiba symbol stays there for a few seconds then goes to a black screen and then it cuts off and does it again without me even touching it. I have no idea how to fix this and I haven't downloaded a virus or anything so I have no idea. If anyone or someone could help me with this problem that would be great.

Thank you,

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You MAY be able to get to the necessary screen by
Power on and off your computer three times - power on wait for Toshiba screen to disappear
power off
power on etc
do the same again and see what happens third time

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

See option 6 on this link
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-a.html#option6

post back if that gets you to second image shown on option 6 where you then want to click see advanced repair options

NoobyJuan

I just tried this and it seemed to have no effect. I did exactly what you said. Powered on my pc waited for the toshiba to go to the blank screen then powered it off. I did this 3 times and on 3rd it did the same thing nothing else popped up just the same endless cycle. Is there anything that I am doing wrong. If it helps I am able to access my toshiba setup utility with f2 and the boot menu with f12. Idk if anything in there can help me.

NoobyJuan

I am not too good with pcs so I don't know exactly what your referring to so I am gonna say multiple things and hope that one is the one your looking for.

Satllite: C55t - C5300
Part No: PSC0LU - 005004
Serial No: XF068434C

I hope one of these is whay you are talking about.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The Toshiba I think came with Windows 8.1
so if that is correct a Toshiba reset is going back to 8.1

Try this first
Power off
remove battery
hold down power button for 30 seconds
reinstall battery
connect power
power on

If that does not work we need to boot from a Windows 10 installation disc/usb
Try the first and if not when you post back we will proceed

NoobyJuan

Well not sure if I did it exactly right,but I powered it off took out the battery and u plugged the charger from the my pc and held it for 30 seconds Idk if I was suppose to keep the charger in when I did it, but that's what I did and it still does it. Unless I did it wrong that doesn't work. I don't own the disc you are talking about, but if that is the only way to fix this problem I know how to do that reboot with disc and I will get one and do it. If there is any other way to fix this I am all ears as I do not want to reboot with disc.

Thank you,

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Make yourself the install media from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

see this section
Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)

You will not need a product key if this computer was upgraded to 10 on the free offer as it is registered with the Microsoft activation servers
We are not going to use the tool to install we are going to use it to attempt repair
Please post back when you have the media made
You NEED to select correct version
BIT type 32 or 64
and correct language

Re the other post I am sure you did it correctly
I apologise I missed off - disconnect power so it should read

Try this first
Power off - disconnect power AC power adapter

remove battery
hold down power button for 30 seconds
reinstall battery
connect power
power on eg press power button

NoobyJuan

I am currently on my phone and I clicked on the link and I don't know if I need to be on a pc to do it but it redirected me to this.Screenshot_20171001-175304.png

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You are 100% correct
You cannot do it on a phone
I am currently on my phone and I clicked on the link and I don't know if I need to be on a pc to do it but it redirected me to this.
I am perplexed as to how you think you are going to make a usb or dvd install media on a phone.

NoobyJuan

Well as of right now I don't have access to a pc. Is there a way I can discuss this with you later today or tomorrow when I can get access to another pc?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes of course
Post when you have it made or if you need help before
I am back online about 2000 UK time
I have signed off for this session

NoobyJuan

@Macboatmaster I am back and I just got a hole of another pc and I have downloaded windows 10 into an iso file. I do have a DVD with 4.7 gb of space on it please inform me on what to do next.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
From the link
ISO file. Save an ISO file to your PC, which you can use to create a DVD. After the file has downloaded, you can go to the location where the file is saved or select Open DVD burner and follow the instructions to burn the file to a DVD
What OS is on the computer that you have the ISO on

8.1 or 10
Burning an ISO File in Windows 8 or Windows 10
When you burn an ISO file to a disc you are creating an exact duplicate of the original disc, not just the files on it.

To burn your ISO file to a disc, select it in the File Explorer, select the Disc Image Tools tab from the ribbon at the top of the window and click "Burn." At this point, if you haven't put a disc in your drive, do that now
Follow instructions
then click burn

Windows 7
  • Place a blank unformatted CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.
  • Right click on the ISO or IMG file you want to use to burn a disc.
  • Click Burn disc image.
  • Next to Disc burner, click on the drop down arrow and select the CD/DVD drive with the blank disc you want to burn to.
  • Check the Verify disc after burning option if you want Windows to verify the disc image after burning the disc.
  • When it finishes burning the disc image to disc, click the Close button.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online