1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Stefant277, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stefant277

Stefant277 Thread Starter

When I turn my laptop it always goes to boot menu/app menu. I tried switching boot priority in setup and it worked before but it doesn't work now. I have lenovo g580

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What are the boot choices?

3. Stefant277

In boot menu I have two options:
    PCI LAN: Atheros boot agent
    ATAPI CD: tsstcorp cddvdw sn 208ab

It worked before to put ATA HDD: first in boot priority order but now it just brings me back to boot menu

4. CodeNAnime

CodeNAnime

Do you have the option to boot in safe mode?

5. Stefant277

No, I don't see it

6. CodeNAnime

CodeNAnime

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The fact that you don't see your hard drive as a boot choice, tells us, your hard drive has a problem. It is not being recognized by the computer. You need to replace the hard drive.
    That's why the computer loops - it sees nothing to boot from. PCI LAN means it hopes to find a networked computer with a Windows operating system on it to boot from. The other option is to have a CD or DVD in the optical drive with an operating system to boot from. Since you are not on a network nor have an OS on a disk to boot from, it keeps sending you back to the boot menu.

The other option is to get someone to put linux on a USB stick. You can then boot from the stick to use the computer.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice