1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck in reboot loop

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by NASCARGUY, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NASCARGUY

NASCARGUY Thread Starter

My ibm netvista with windows me is stuck in a reboot loop, as soon as it gets to the icon screen it reboots. I have the recovery disc but can not get it to run because of the loop. How i fix this problem

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Welcome to TSG!

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Tap F8 after you power on the system, then choose Safe Mode from the Boot Menu.
    If that works, I'd try running System Restore. The Help and Support page that loads when you boot to Saffe Mode should have a link to it, or you can access it from Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools

If that doesn't work, and you want to use the Recovery Disk, you'll need to set the BIOS so that the CD/DVD drive is first in the boot order, then boot from the Recovery CD.
    Watch the screen as the system boots, the key press to enter the BIOS (aka Setup or System Setup) should be displayed, Del and F2 are common.

3. NASCARGUY

NASCARGUY Thread Starter

Safe mode has 4 options
    1. Normal
    2. Logged (\bootlog.txt)
    3. Safe mode
    4. Step by step confirmation
    enter a choice;

tried all no help
    did get in one restore from the system tools menu but it did not help

how do you set the bios?
    I am also having a problem getting g drive to read.
    The loop is to quick to get anything done

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

This is from the Quick Start Guide for a NetVista Desktop. There are dozens of models, but most often the method to get into the BIOS is the same.
    You can find the User Guide for your model by starring here:
    Lenovo Support and Downloads

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851641