1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

:( Stuck in Safe mode!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jereme S, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jereme S

Jereme S Thread Starter

Ok my computer has been messed up since this morning from something that is not running on my computer right.. When I start my computer I run it normally and it ends up on start mode

[​IMG]

We did a system restore and it went back to December 2007 and lost alot of our stuff like the qwest, windows one care, like everything..

Anyway to fix this?

We went through the F8 thing and couldnt do it because it was in safe mode..

The problem is still the same as before we restored it.. You know how vista is supposed to look on the bottom for start, its supposed to be all colorful and stuff like that. Well looking at the picture its just plain white.. Every screen I open its pitch white and you can only see black and white and the 8 main colors of the rainbow.. My desktop and the whole computer starts up in safe mode even when we try to start it normally.. that is not a good sign

We use Emachines computer which is not a very well known computer....

2. Jereme S

Jereme S Thread Starter

There is Absoultley no way to get out of Safe mode on my computer, please don't suggest "Google is your friend" I've gotten that 3 times now.

3. Jacee

Jacee

See if this works....

while you're booted in safe mode, bring up the task manager (ctrl+alt+del)
    select file->new task (run) and type in msconfig
    Check normal mode and OK.
    Restart the PC, be patient while it's loading if you only see a black screen. It may need time to reconfigure itself....so don't shut it down manually.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!