1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stuck in safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by swynn42, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swynn42

swynn42 Thread Starter

my home pc is stuck in power safe mode. When I turn it on, the screen says "power safe mode, press any key or move the mouse". The mouse and keyboard do not respond. I have tried f8 and all that, but again the keyboard does not respond. The dvd rom does not spin. I can not use this thing at all. I changed the battery after it happened and still same story. It isn't running in safe mode because it isn't doing anything. It is a e machine, about a year old running on windows xp. Any suggestions? My husband has a laptop, is there a way to hook them up to each other so I can atleast get my pictures from it?

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Does it say "Safe" or "Save"?

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

EDIT:
    Either way, try this:
    Unplug the power cord for the PC and the Monitor and then hold the power button down for about 30 seconds. then connect everything back and see if it boots.

4. swynn42

swynn42 Thread Starter

it is power save not safe, sorry. I just unpluged it and hold power for 30 seconds and hooked it back up and same thing but when I did that, The fans moved backwords one time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!