Stuck in SAFEMODE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shadow-glow

:eek: While trying to uninstall spyaxe I was directed to the MSCONFIG menu where I checked the box in BOOT.INI (boot options) for /SAFE BOOT. And when my pc restarted I didn't have a display signal in SAFEMODE. I switched the card in a friends pc and worked fine. So its probably the drivers. I can see everything that happens on screen up until (1)the pc auto boots into safemode because of the /SAFEBOOT option being on. or (2) I manually try to boot normally into windows or safemode with command prompt. If I could boot up command prompt I could disable the driver with Boot.ini/BaseVideo but it always says no display signal current. If any one knows a way to reset the boot.ini or change display drivers please help. I read thatsomething like this has happen to some others but not this particular situation. DESPERATE WILL TRY ANYTHING next eating my 6800ultra.:(

System: XP PRO w/SP2
MSI K8N mobo
1 gb(pc3200)
nvidia 6800ultra 256mb
Kandalf thermaltake case
160GB WD HD

Switch the card again and uncheck the option for /SAFEBOOT and see if that works. If you need to overwrite you’re boot.ini with this.

[boot loader]
timeout = 30
default = multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS = "Windows XP" /fastdetect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online