1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck Key?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by gdjlawley, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gdjlawley

gdjlawley Thread Starter

I need help!

For some reason my '=/+' key has a problem. When I open internet explorer, it is as if the key is being held down. I have removed the key itself from my keyboard, and there is nothing physically causing the problem.

I am currentley using the internet explorer in Limewire Pro, as the problem is not present here.

It just makes it impossibe to enter any text.
    I have ran virus scans and malware scans, but they come up clean? Is this something really obvious, 'cos its driving me insane!

Please help me

2. smeegle

smeegle

I think that you should have posted this in the Hardware forum. In the mean time have you tried using some compressed air? I'm always surprised at how much stuff comes out of my key board when I use it from time to time.

3. Breaktown

Breaktown

I have a similar problem except it's with the "e" key. The computer keeps typing it yet nothing happens when I press "e" myself. It's not a stuck key. I think it's a rootkit and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

4. abloke

abloke

Hi , this really interesting, as i have typed message, and sent
    them, only realizing on re-read that some letters were omitted.

So, a good sweep with a vacuum cleaner sorts that out?

Thanks, this really is a great site!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice