Stuck on "Loading Operation System"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

It's been doing this all day, tried many, many times to reboot, can't get to safe mode, nothing works.

I was periodically getting a sort-of blue screen of death: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you." I attached an image. I appreciate any advice.

Attachments

bj nick

Okay, so this is resolved. Unfortunately I had to take it to my PC-guy and spend a few dollars, but it was worth it. I emailed him about the problem, he thought it could be a few things, some simple, some more dire, but the next day when I brought my PC, he said oh, I woke up this morning thinking it was probably just the wrong drive indicated in BIOS. So he goes right to BIOS, and sure enough, that was it. He fixed it in 2 minutes. We laughed about the old auto mechanic bit: someone goes to a mechanic with what he thinks is a major issue, and the mechanic fixes it in five minutes, charges him, say, fifty bucks. The customer says what? It only took you five minutes! Mechanic says: "five minutes, and twenty years." This particular guy used to run the best-rated computer shop in town for many years, now just works independently. Anyway: resolved.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That is interesting that it was the wrong drive... you would have a different error unless you have had installed windows on a different drive... anyways, glad it was fixed!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online