Solved Stuck on Motherboard splash screen after reboot

rbaroncpd010

I will shut off all my startup items as you have suggested. Other than that I will wait for your input before I do anything else. Also, there were two external drives attached to my computer. I was in the process of copying one internal drive to one of the external drives when I ran the report for you. Just thought you should know. They both are now removed.

crjdriver

I don't know how you get away with only three things on startup. Just installing some software loads things in startup and you don't even know it is happening.
When you install most programs, there is an option in the program settings to load at startup. I see where you have acronis installed. While I am a HUGE fan of acronis, I make the bootable usb and do all imaging, cloning whatever from the boot disk [then remove the windows program]
CCleaner [which you have installed] does the same thing; it loads at startup in the newest versions. I disable this as well. There is no reason for a disk cleanup utility to be running all of the time. Same with adobe [which you have installed]
ALL of these things take time to load and that is going to make you startup take longer. In addition some of these programs are checking the internet for updates when they load; again this takes time. Generally when you run a program such as CCleaner, it will check for updates anyway [so no need to do so at startup]

Just as an experiment to see how this is effecting your system, make an image of the system as it is now using acronis.
Clean install windows from the bootable usb install you make with the media creation tool. See how fast a clean install with nothing loaded at startup works. You can always restore your image you made and be right back where you started however I think after seeing how fast a system will boot without all of the bloatware, you will be much more careful when installing software.
FWIW this system I am using which is just slightly faster than yours boots windows in 8 seconds after POST.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you intend to follow the advice in the last post PLEASE tell me now, as I have already spent the last hour or so looking at your first two logs
I do not wish to waste my time, as I hope you will appreicate
The choice is ENTIRELY yours.

rbaroncpd010

I am not too sure of myself to do a clean install of Windows 10. I'm sure that if I do that my system would boot in approx 10 seconds after post because it did when it was new about 8 months ago. SO I probably won't be doing that.

Also, I disabled everything except a few things (see attached) and my system still takes almost 4 minutes to restart. And from a shutdown start 3:45'ish seconds. So I am perplexed.

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have completed my initial examination of your logs
I believe and of course there are no guarantees that I can fix it for you without a clean install
However it will be a longish job.

I see at least 10 aspects that require your attention - rather than produce very lengthy posts I think it best to limit each post to just a couple of issues.

1. You have

Name : NVMe Samsung SSD 970
Model : Samsung SSD 970
Manufacturer : NVMe

That drive installed. You also have this software
Everything 1.4.1.935 (x64) 1.4.1.935 David Carpenter
That software is known for causing crashes when indexing NVMe drives.

It is also reported that it causes crashes on 10 and slow downs - even if indexing of the NVMe drive is disabled.
Not only that but the version you have is out of date and had bugs which were fixed on later releases.

For testing purposes you MUST uninstall that Software
Settings
Apps
select it
uninstall.

2. That is ONLY the start there is other software that is unsuitable for 10.

3. Harddisk 2 reports a problem on a paging operation. NUMEROUS instances.
Event[4471]:
Log Name: System
Source: disk
Date: 2020-11-16T09:42:17.2670000Z
Event ID: 51
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Rich-Strix
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.

A paging operation in simple terms is when ram contents are written to the paging file.
Disks in window are lettered as you know, but that is only a Windows aspect.

In the system disks are numbered starting with 0
open disk management please and find which is disk 2
it will be in the left hand column on the lower part of the window,.

Disk Management is opened by

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box.
  2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
OR
right-click on the Start button to reveal the WinX menu.
that is left of the taskbar and click Disk management

Note the letter allocated to it - to the right of the number

Run a chkdsk on that drive.

(52) Drive Error Checking in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
USE OPTION 2 please
Even if it says
you do not need to scan this drive please instruct a scan - follow through please to items 3, 4 5 and 6 on option 2 as necessary
then on your reply please report the results.

Cheers
I am online until about 0100 UK time and will then be back online about 1800 hrs or so.

rbaroncpd010

Ok, I uninstalled "Everything" and I also looked into the #2 drive. It showed that it was unallocated space. But I could not format it. When I tried it said the device did not exist. So I deleted it and no longer have it. I don't know where such a thing came from anyway.

rbaroncpd010

Ok, I did a restart after doing the above. It seemed to boot faster but it still took over 3:15 to do it.

I went back to the disk management and found that the disk 2 that I thought I deleted was back. I tried to initialize it but got an error. (see attached)

I don't know what that it or where it came from. I don't know how to get rid of it either. I thought I did but it came back. I did disable it in the device manager but I haven't rebooted to see if it will come back.

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The disk2 not initialized is either a connection problem or an actual drive problem
Unlike partitions on a disk - so disk0 - one partition being lettered C and then you have the EFI and the recovery partitions etc
the numbers
Disk0
Disk1
Disk2
represent actual physical drives

Before we proceed you need to sort out this problem of the disk showing in your screenhot unknown and not initialized
See this please
6 Ways to Fix Disk Unknown Not Initialized in Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS
You need to open the case and check the SATA connections - power and data - the data of course being to the board for that drive.

I will check the logs to see if I can ID which SATA port it is connected to

SORRY I am late on the topic I have been busy with a job at home, that could not be left

I have the next three steps for you.
You have a memory problem on another piece of software
That indicates there is a problem with the driver.;

I have also found a problem with other software that is outdated and in some cases not suitable for 10.

There is however no point in proceeding until we get that disk problem sorted.
Clearly the log entries I posted regarding Disk2 - indicate that the system has a problem with it.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
SORRY to mention it again, but please do not make any changes of any kind other than my recommendations - as I am now approx 40% through the logs, and expect to complete my examination of them tonight.

That drive installed. You also have this software Everything 1.4.1.935 (x64) 1.4.1.935 David Carpenter That software is known for causing crashes when indexing NVMe drives. It is also reported that it causes crashes on 10 and slow downs - even if indexing of the NVMe drive is disabled. Not only that but the version you have is out of date and had bugs which were fixed on later releases.[/QUOTE said:
That is good to know as i have this installed on my windows 7 home premium.Although it works great at the moment,it's great info for when i upgrade to 10.
I have always loved that little piece of software as it is very fast at indexing and makes it easier (to me anyway) to find and delete leftover/uninstalled files from previous software,or just to find a file..etc im looking for.
Is sad im going to have to do away with it :(
Thankyou for sharing that :)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
rbaroncpd010
1. I
cannot ID which SATA port disk2 is in, as the errors on harddisk2 in event viewer
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.
of which there are 15 such reports - do not help further and in other logs which record actual disks found it does not show harddisk2
That is not surprising as the report in event viewer is taken from one part of the system and the reports of disks found from another part of system analysis.

2. FOR after we have sorted the possible drive problem.

Event[8899]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 2020-11-24T10:00:18.5040000Z
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Rich-Strix
Description:
Fault bucket 1654747447451435704, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: HandBrake.exe
P2: 1.2.2.0
P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0

Radar Pre Leak means in basic terms that something is mismanaging memory - often a driver and as you can see the software Handbrake. appears to be a problem.
You appear to have 1.2.2.
Latest 1.3.3.
Installing on Windows
Once you’ve downloaded the HandBrake installer, simply double click to run it.

If HandBrake is already installed on your computer, the installer will offer to remove the previous version before installing the current version. Select OK to proceed and review HandBrake’s license terms.

============================================================
Be aware
HandBrake is not “signed” by Microsoft. This message doesn’t mean anything is wrong; rather, it indicates that HandBrake is not part of Microsoft’s paid program to validate Windows applications.

It is not so much that the software is shown as problem signature, but that the system is not handling the driver well.
I would ask you to UNINSTALL it while we complete the cleanup and analysis

You can always reinstall the latest version afterwards.

3. You have Macrium Reflect installed
Macrium Reflect Home Edition 7.3.5283 Paramount Software (UK) Ltd. 20201015
Macrium Reflect Home Edition 7.3 Paramount Software

but you also have Acronis installed
Whilst it is good to have two separate backups - it is not best practice to have two separate backup programs, especially if they are configured -incorrectly or indeed NOT configured to ensure they are NOT both trying to backup the same data at the same time.
I suggest you uninstall the ONE you do not use.
Bearing in mind of course that any backups made ONLY on the oned you are uninstalling will need to be made on the one you are keeping.
IF it was me and they are both the FREE version I would go with Macrium.

Snuffleufflegus
I have sent you a Personal Conv, if you need please reply there.

Last edited:

rbaroncpd010

I am trying to work through your above posts but I checked my disk management and discovered that the 2 drive is now the 5 drive. I tried to initialize it but keep getting an error message.

I have removed Handbrake for now. As far as Acronis and Macrium. I have them backing up my "C" drive on different day's of the week. They are backing up to different drives. The one for Macrium is backing up to an external drive, while Acronis is backing up to my 1Tb stick (G) drive.

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As far as Acronis and Macrium. I have them backing up my "C" drive on different day's of the week. They are backing up to different drives. The one for Macrium is backing up to an external drive, while Acronis is backing up to my 1Tb stick (G) drive.
Thats OK - I think you have disabled them on startup - as the schedule will still work, without them being loaded on startup

What is on the disk that is shown as not initialized eg the one now showing as disk5
3 and 4 are the usb connected drives
Is the one now showing 5 an internal - HAVE you checked the connections
You need to open the case and check the SATA connections - power and data - the data of course being to the board for that drive.

rbaroncpd010

I have opened the case and checked all the connections and they are all connected securely. I took out all the drives except the 970 EVO stick because it is under the cooler and all the connections are secure. But there is one that is a little loose and the SATA cable does not "snap" into place. I am going to disconnect that drive and see if it shows up as the bad drive.

Also when reconnecting the drives I may have jazzed up the connections but I was sure I was careful and now the drive that is screwed up is the "0" drive.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online