1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stuck on restoring windows 95

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by shibbyshagg, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shibbyshagg

shibbyshagg Thread Starter

My windows recently crashed on me and it’s happened before and I got a restore disk from the company that fixed it the first time. Well my computer crashed again and now I want to completely reinstall windows. The company gave me a Windows 95 start up disk and a restore disk for an IBM 750sp and that’s my model of computer. Well I formatted drive c and now I my computer won’t recognize my cd drive. The drive does boot but when I try to switch to the drive through does is just says something like unrecognized drive or something like that I tried the f2 option and the del buttons and neither of them take me to my bios and I cant find that bios to make sure that the driver is still installed. If you have any questions about this you have my e-mail or any suggestions.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    A Windows 95 startup disk does not have CDROM drivers in it. You need to create a Windows 98 startup disk(which has generic CDROM drivers) or download one from here.

I'm curious as to why you formatted the hard drive before trying to run the recovery CD. Inserting the CD in its drive and then starting up your computer should've activated the CD and started the recovery process. At least, that's the way the CD worked when I was running Windows 95 in my 7-year old HP 8160 and had to do a recovery.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice