1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck on startup Lenovo

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by brotato3, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I'm using a lenovo laptop that is stuck starting up, but there is some detail i need to go in to...

So I started getting this error about "Defualt Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed". I proceeded to follow some steps to fix it that had worked for someone else. Here are the steps i had followed exactly:
    step 1 ) Power on your laptop

Step 2) Enter into Bios Setup

Step 3) Goto Boot Tab

Step 4) Highlight Boot Mode, press Enter, swap from "UEFI" to "Legacy Support". Under that Swap UEFI to legacy First

Step 5) goto EXIT tab and highlight Exit saving changes . Press Enter.

Restart Your Laptop

Now, after I have restarted my laptop, I am now stuck on the Lenovo starting screen with the little dots going in a circle, its has been about 2 hours and it has gone nowhere?

I was using windows 10 before all this happened, can anybody help? As much as i hate to mention it, i started punching it the same day all this started happening, it was because of league of legends rage XD

UPDATE: I am now getting a blue screen that says it ran into a problem, STOP CODE: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    That was not very good advice to follow. We need to change it back to UEFI mode if we can. Are you able to start it in safe mode as follows? Do you have a Windows 10 install disc or usb or at least another computer to create one?

Force Safe Mode with Power On/Off

1. Press the Power On/Off button to Start and Shut Down the computer as soon as you see the rotating loading circle
    2.Repeat this 2-3 times to stat the Windows Recovery Environment.
    3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart from the Choose an Option screen.
    4. After your PC restarts, select one of the following Safe Mode options you are instructed to from the Start Up Settings menu:
    • Safe Mode (4)
    • Safe Mode with Networking (5)
    • Command Prompt (6)
    5. Wait for Safe Mode to load.
    6. Logon with an Administrator account if needed.

3. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I just did this and tried to start is Safe Mode (4), after a long wait, i am back to the same blue screen, Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO, its collecting some error info and is 10% done

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  4. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

5. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    It will not start into command prompt either?

Please answer these.

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Reverse this change by Changing back to UEFI mode in the bios. Restart and let me know if it boots correctly or not

7. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I cant get to the bios, fn + f2 is the hotkey for it when it starts up, but it wont work right now becuase it keeps looping between two screens

8. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I dont have one

9. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Please keep trying to access the bios, it should let you access it. Make sure you hit the hot keys as soon as the computer starts and continue pressing until you see the bios.

Only other option is to backup your files and perform a new clean install of Windows 10?

Do you have another computer to download and create a disc or USB drive?

10. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    What is the model of your Lenevo?

11. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

lenovo idea pad 110

12. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I keep trying, it wont let me, yes i have another computer but not any writable discs or usb drives available

13. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    See if the following helps

You will need to disable "Fast Boot" from the power button menu. The power button can be used if you encounter Fast Boot problems.

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.
    2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.
    3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.
    4. The power button menu should now display.
    5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To Re-enable Fast Boot afterward:
    1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
    2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
    3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot".
    4. Press F10 to save the changes and exit.

Option 2:
    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062552

14. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

I have tried this but the moment i start holding it down, it starts going in that loop again and i never hear any beeps

15. brotato3

brotato3 Thread Starter

oh dude, i didnt realize that this was on my old thread, my new one is updated and has more info on whats going on

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice