1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kuga, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuga

Kuga Thread Starter

It loads up normally, my avatar pops up with my name, I insert my password..

'Welcome *blue circle*'
    *5-10 minutes later*
    Desktop appears.

I have no idea whats causing it though it started after I had to shut-down my computer using the power button.

I've checked Event Viewer and these are the 5 errors that came up while stuck on the Welcome Screen.

-The AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner service hung on starting
    -A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
    -The event logging service encountered an error (res=1117) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA.
    -Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.
    -Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown. (the first error and the cause perhaps?)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    For starters I would uninstall AVG Free8 .

But download one of the other free AV programs so you can install when you get your machine cleaned up.

3. unbidden

unbidden

As mentioned, uninstall Avast... but I would try reinstalling after the removal. Still no joy, try System Restore.

Run some up to date spyware scans, just an av is not enough to protect yourself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice